This is our most detailed level of inspection and Report and this service is delivered in accordance with the Home survey standard (1st edition) RICS professional statement and is equivalent to Level three. The service consists of a detailed visual inspection of the building, its services and the grounds and is more extensive than a Level 2 survey.
We do not always use the standard RICS format but prepare a bespoke report tailored to each client’s individual requirements and to cover any specific concerns.
Concealed areas normally open or used by the occupiers are inspected if it is safe to do so (typical examples include roof spaces, basements and cellars). An inspection of a sub floor area will also be attempted but only if considered safe to do so and that sufficient clearance is available to allow full physical access.
Permanent outbuildings are also inspected.
Although the services are not tested, they are observed in normal operation – in other words, they are switched on or off and/or operated where the occupier has given permission and it is safe to do so.
The Report objectively describes the form of construction and materials used for different parts of the property. It describes the condition and provides an assessment of the relative importance of the defects/problems. Additionally, it will, where possible:
- Describe the identifiable risk of potential or hidden defects in areas not inspected
- Provide and opinion as to the most probable cause(s) of the defects based on the inspection
- Outline the likely scope of any appropriate remedial work and explain the likely consequences of non-repair.
- Make general recommendations in respect of the priority and likely timescale for necessary work and
- This bespoke Report will, in addition, comment on any areas of specific concern raised by the Client prior to inspection