During this unprecedented time, the safety of Vendors, Clients and indeed ourselves, are of paramount importance.
Consequently, we have introduced slightly different procedures under which our Surveyors will adhere to when conducting Survey Reports.
- No Inspections will be conducted where any individual in the property is being shielded, or is isolating.
- We will require confirmation in writing from the Vendors of the property that there have been no parties displaying any symptoms of Coronavirus within the two weeks prior to the Inspection.
- Personal Protective Equipment will be worn during the Survey for example gloves, shoe protectors and masks.
- If the property is occupied the Surveyor will liaise with the Vendor to ensure that the property is left vacant to allow our internal inspection to be undertaken.
- We will attempt to keep to a minimum, contact with surfaces whilst at the property. To assist us in this matter it would be helpful if Vendors were to leave windows unlocked and the loft hatch open prior to our visit and the loft ladder pulled down where applicable.
- With a specific view to keeping surface contact to a minimum internally, the surveyor will be using camera, video and dictation equipment rather than our usual approach of writing with an iPad or clipboard using pens/pencils.
- Only one Surveyor will be entering the property.
- No telephone calls will be made or received during the internal inspection.
- All pets should be removed from the property.
- Vendors should ensure that keys are available and easily accessible for external doors etc.
Once the Survey has been completed, then the Vendor will be contacted to inform them that the Surveyor is clear of the property.
Please confirm within the email prior to the inspection date, that you, as the owner/occupier of the property are happy for Jigsaw Surveyors to undertake the survey as arranged.
Thanking you in anticipation of your co-operation in this matter.
Regulated by RICS